- 1 cup distilled white vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peeled and crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pieces of bay leaves
- half teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces, Chinese style
- 2 pounds pork butt, cut into cubes
- soy sauce
Add vinegar, water, garlic, salt, bay leaves and pepper into a large casserole.
Bring to a boil.
Add the meat, cover and bring to a boil.
Simmer and cook for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle liberally with soy sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove meat and reduce sauce.
Remove sauce to a bowl.
Put oil into the casserole and brown cooked meat.
Drain oil from the casserole, and return the reduced sauce back with the meat.