- 2.2 lbs. chicken cut in pieces
- 1 lb. pork cut in 1 1/2 inch squares
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, chopped
- 4 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 small bayleaf
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1 inch squares
- 4 medium sized potatoes cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3.5 oz pimento cut into 1 inch squares
Dust chicken and pork pieces in flour, salt and pepper.
Brown quickly in hot oil.
Saute garlic, onions, tomatoes and tomato sauce in separate pot.
Pour 2 cups water and let boil. Add browned chicken, pork, bayleaf, oregano and bell pepper.
Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
Add potatoes and cook until tender.
Add salt and pepper according to taste.
You may thicken the sauce by adding flour dissolved in water into the pot.
Finally, add peas and pimento and cook for another 3 minutes.
Serve with rice.