- 1 oxtail (3-5 lbs.)
- 5 tbsps, oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- water from 1/4 cup achuete, soaked
- 1 banana heart, sliced crosswise
- 2 bundles Chinese long bean (sitaw), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/3 cup rice, toasted brown in a pan and ground to a powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- MSG (optional)
Cut oxtail into 3 inch pieces. Boil once and discard water.
Boil again until tender.
Saute garlic and onion in oil.
Add achuete water, sauteed garlic and onions to meat and bring to a boil.
Add vegetables and enough water to make a sauce.
Add the powdered rice and peanut butter dissolved in 3/4 cup water into the meat.
Season with salt, pepper and MSG.
Serve with Bagoong Alamang on the side.