- 3kgDog meat
- 1 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 60 Peppercorns, crushed
- 6 tbl Salt
- 12 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil
- 6 cup Onion, sliced
- 3 cup Tomato sauce
- 10 cup Boiling water
- 6 cups Red pepper, cut into strips
- 6 piecebay leaf
- 1 tspTabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Liver spread, ** see note
- 1whole fresh pineapple, cut 1/2 inch thick
1. Cut meat into 1″ cubes.
Marinade meat in mixture of vinegar, peppercorn, salt and garlic for 2 hours.
2. Fry meat in oil using a large wok over an open fire, then add onions and chopped pineapple and suate until tender.
3. Pour in tomato sauce and boiling water, add green peper, bay leaf and tobasco.
4. Cover and simmer over warm coals until meat is tender.
Blend in liver spread and cook for additional 5-7 minutes.
* you can substiture lamb for dog.
The taste is similar, but not as pungent.
** smooth liver pate will do as well.
Suggested Wine: San Miguel Beer
Serving Ideas : Rice, naturally.
NOTES :For the faint of heart, you can always substitute lamb in place of next door’s rover, but the meat will not be as sweet or as rich in flavor.