- 1 1/2 lb. beef cut into 2X2 inch pieces
- 2 cubes beef boullion or beef stock (plain water would suffice)
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots cut into quarters lenghtwise
- 3 medium-sized potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 small head of bok choy (pechay) (optional if not available)
- I small head of cabbage cut into quarters
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil beef, peppercorns and onions in a pot with enough beef stock to cover the meat.
Place lid on pot and simmer over medium heat.
If you want more stock (sabaw), add more.
After 30 minutes of boiling, or if the meat is very tender, add carrots and potatoes.
Boil for another 10-15 minutes.
When vegetables are done, add the rest of the ingredients and seasoning.
Boil for another 5 minutes.
Serve with rice.