- 10 cups water
- 2 pieces onion quartered
- 4 pieces tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 pieces daikon (peeled and sliced diagonally into discs)
- 12 pieces long beans (sitaw), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 pieces green chili peppers (sili)
- 35 ounces prawns or shrimps, trimmed
- 14 ounces spinach or Asian watercress (kangkong)
Bring water to a boil.
Add onions and tomatoes.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add daikon, long beans, chili pepper, fish sauce, and Mama Sita’s Sinigang mix.
Continue to simmer for three minutes, uncovered.
Add the shrimps and simmer for another 3 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the spinach or kangkong.
Cover to steam-cook the vegetables.
Serve with fish sauce.