All Ingredients should be prepared before you start cooking this will save time and make cooking the dish easier and more enjoyable.
o 1 tablespoon (15ml) sesame seeds
o 3 whole chicken breasts
o 6 cups (1.5l) water
o 2 tablespoons (30ml) soy sauce
o 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt
o 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) fivespice powder
o 3 stalks celery
o 1 tablespoon (15ml) sesame oil
o 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
o 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) ground ginger
o 1/8 teaspoon (0.5ml) pepper
1. Sprinkle sesame seeds into small, shallow baking pan or cookie sheet with sides. Bake in preheated oven at 350F (180C) for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden.
2. Combine chicken, water, 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce, salt and five spice powder in 3 or 4-quart (3 or 4 liter) saucepan.
Cover and cook over high heat until water boils.
Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Let chicken stand in water for 1 hour
3. Remove chicken from water (reserve water) and drain.
Remove and discard chicken bones.
Cut meat into 1/2 inch (1.5cm) wide slices.
4. Cut celery into diagonal slices.
Heat reserved water over high heat until it boils.
Add celery and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
Drain celery well.
5. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce with oils, ginger and pepper in large bowl.
Add chicken and celery.
Toss until completely combined.
Transfer mixture to serving dish.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.