Preparation/cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
The mixture of garlic, ginger and soy sauce enhances the taste of the chicken, with the sliced lemon giving refreshing « bite » to these delicious nuggets.
* 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
For the marinade:
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 30g (1 oz) root ginger, peeled and grated
* 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and grated
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the coating:
* 2 tablespoons cornflour
* 2 tablespoons plain flour
* vegetable oil, for deep frying
* 2 slices lemon, to garnish
1. Marinate the chicken with the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
2. Mix the cornflour with the plain flour.
Take each piece of chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until completely coated.
3. Heat the oil to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and deep-fry the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes or until a burnished golden brown.
Garnish with the sliced lemon and serve on a bed of salad leaves.