* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup mirin (sweetened cooking sake)
* 1/2 cup sake
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
Mix ingredients over high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to one cup.
(About 10 to 15 min.) Set aside.
* 12 ounces of boned, skinless chicken
* 8 ounces of chicken livers
* cold water
* 4 medium dried chinese black mushrooms, soaked in hot water util soft
* 2 medium green bell peppers
* 1 medium leek
* 16 to 20 skewers
* 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Soak the bambo skewers in cold water while you cut up the ingredients.
Cut the chicken into squares and the liver into squares and place the livers into the cold water and cover.
Let stand 5 min. then drain and pat dry.
Remove the mushroom stems from the water and cut each cap into halves.
Then cut each green pepper into 1-inch squares.
Cut the leeks into 1- inch legnths.
Thread on the pieces of food on the skewers in alternating order, then place on a hot grill and baste with the sauce.
Cook for about 3 to 4 min. Do not overcook or the chicken will be dry.
Serve with the lemon wedges.